Did you know that by making simple changes today, like eating healthy foods and moving more each day, has the power to give you a healthier future – one where you can avoid cancer, diabetes, heart disease and other serious, expensive conditions.
Healthy Kids Newsletter
and Tool Kits!
Our HEALTHY KIDS TODAY – PREVENT CANCER TOMORROW campaign shows you where to start by giving you step-by-step tools to:
- Teach children to enjoy and explore food that protect their health and fight cancer: vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans.
- Help kids make healthier food choices in an environment full of nutrition-poor foods that are heavily marketed and readily available to children.
- Make healthy choices fun through cooking and educational activities they'll love.
Healthy foods and physical activity are essential shields for good health and disease prevention. Cancer develops over decades, so it's never too early to get your children to move more and start eating a healthy diet that includes plenty of cancer-fighting vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans.
START NOW! We'll help you get past barriers to healthy eating with our free toolkits including:
- quick, easy and tasty food combos and snacks;
- fun food facts, activities and recipes your kids will love;
- budget-wise tips for shopping and meals;
- email updates to help support your healthier family lifestyle;
- tools to plan and prepare delicious, healthy meals with your kids...and more!
Eat Powerful Plant Foods
Go with Whole Grains
Tap into our parent partner power
and TAKE THE CANCER PREVENTION PLEDGE TODAY!
Our focus is on enhancing the diet of students with more nutritious choices here at school and by providing nutrition education that will help students form healthy habits that last a lifetime! We encourage you to follow similar healthy guidelines at home. Key enhancements include an increase in the availability of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free and low-fat fluid milk in our meals. We are also reducing in the levels of sodium, saturated fat and eliminating added trans fat in meals. We do not supersize our meals, but instead strive to meet the nutrition needs of students within their age specific calorie requirements.
Take the pledge and you'll receive this document to print and display in your home!