At Santa Rosa City Schools we have many opportunities for you to help our students!
What is the process to register as parent or community volunteer?
· Classroom Volunteers: First, you will contact the School Site. If they have a need for volunteers, they will then direct you to the Human Resources Department for fingerprints and any other clearances. (The Volunteer Center will no longer process our classroom volunteers).
· Fieldtrip Volunteers: First, you will contact the School Site. The School Site will provide your contact information to the Substitute Technician in Human Resources. You will then be contacted to complete your fingerprinting. A copy of TB test clearance will need to be provided by you.
· Athletic Volunteers: will first contact the School Site. If volunteers are needed, the School Site will direct you to the Recruitment Technician in Human Resources who will contact you to obtain all of your clearances.
Do parents need to register as volunteers?
If a parent is performing a volunteer role that is beyond the scope of working directly with their child, they are required to be registered as a volunteer.
Do field trip chaperons require clearance in addition to the field trip packet provided at school site?
Volunteers attending an overnight field are required to get a fingerprint and TB clearance.
Volunteers for day field trips are not required to get fingerprint clearance. In both cases volunteer chaperones must adhere to all district field trip policies and procedures.
If you will be driving students for the fieldtrip, the School Site will also have you complete the Fieldtrip Driving Form.
Does every volunteer require fingerprint clearance?
Department of Justice fingerprint clearance (and in some cases, FBI clearance) is required of volunteers whose responsibilities may result in unsupervised work with students.
How long does it take to complete volunteer processing steps?
The entire process takes approximately 1-6 weeks. It depends on if the volunteer needs fingerprint clearance and if they need a new TB test. TB results take 3 days to be read. Fingerprint results can take up to one month to come back from the DOJ and FBI, so it is recommended that schools and volunteers plan accordingly for any annual overnight fieldtrips or projects requiring the clearance of volunteers.
Also, athletic volunteers have a number of additional clearances that they need to complete before they can coach. (Click here for more information)
Do I need to be fingerprinted if I am an employee of SRCS or a retired employee of SRCS?
Yes, in almost all cases retirees will need to be refingerprinted.
Do I need to be fingerprinted if I am a volunteer or employee of another government agency or outside organization?
Agencies are not allowed to share the confidential information required in a livescan request, so you will need to be re-fingerprinted to volunteer with Santa Rosa City Schools.
How often do I need to renew my TB results and get fingerprinted?
Once you have had a clear TB test, you must submit proof of negative TB results every 4 years. As long as you do not make a request to be removed from our volunteer list, your fingerprints will continue to remain active and you will not need to be re-fingerprinted.
Who can I contact for additional questions or concerns?
For more information on Volunteering with us, you may contact:
For Fieldtrip Questions:
* Beth Heldt—email@example.com—(707) 528-5000
For All Other Volunteer Questions:
* Bertha Garcia—firstname.lastname@example.org—(707)-528-5631
We appreciate our volunteers and hope that you will find
it a rewarding experience!