The formative assessment process is key to a balanced assessment system. The
Smarter Balanced Digital Library supports educators with the four attributes of
formative assessment learning: (1) Clarify Intended Learning;
(2) Elicit Evidence; (3)
Interpret Evidence; and (4) Act on
Evidence. The Digital Library provides subject- and grade-specific resources
that help educators apply the formative assessment process during daily
The Digital Library is an online collection of
resources aligned to the California State Standards/Common Core State
Standards and that support K–12 teachers in their use of the formative
assessment processes to adjust teaching to improve student learning. These
resources include commissioned, interactive assessment literacy and exemplar
instructional modules on English–language arts and mathematics. The library has
collaboration features that allow users to rate materials and share their
expertise with educators across the country.
Adopted from the CDE
- Log in to the Smarter Balance Digital Library
- How do I find resources in the library?
- How do I find the Interactive Modules?
- How do I mark a resource as a favorite?
- What information will I find in the About This Resource tab?
- How do I write a review for a resource and rate it?
- How do I share a resource?
- How do I locate similar resources in the Digital Library?
- How do I flag an issue with a resource in the Digital Library?