Measure I and L
Our Santa Rosa City Schools provide local elementary, middle and high school students with a well-rounded education, giving them the skills needed for success in college and careers. As educational standards evolve and become increasingly rigorous, our school district is committed to providing its students with safe, modern classrooms, science labs and technology to prepare them for future success in our competitive 21st-century world.
On November 4, 2014, both Measure I (64% approval) and L (69.1% approval) were passed by the Santa Rosa community. As we communicated prior to the election, SRCS is committed to:
- Providing a Safe and Modern Learning Environment
- Current and Reliable Technology and Labs
- School Repair Measures to Support Student Success
The Bond Measures can be used at our school sites to:
- Repair or replace leaky roofs
- Provide updated technology to prepare students for college and careers
- Repair or replace deteriorating plumbing, sewer, and electrical systems
- Repair or replace outdated heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems
- Improve access to classrooms and labs for students with disabilities
- Upgrade campus security, safety, and fire systems at all schools
- Renovate aging classrooms, science labs, restrooms and other educational facilities
- Facilities Master Plan (FMP)
- Citizen's Oversight Committee (COC).
As SRCS starts these discussions, decisions, and projects, your voice is vital to our success. There will be many opportunities and different ways to be part of the process. From formal meetings, committees, focus groups, surveys, and e-mail, all information gathered will be used to make the best possible decisions for technology implementations throughout SRCS. This is an exciting time for SRCS and we look forward to working with all stakeholders to make this successful!
- Facilities Master Plan Preparation
- Facilities Sub-Committee Meetings
- District Focus Groups
- Site Level Focus Groups
- Grade-Level Focus Groups
Comments and Questions
To submit a question or comment, please click here.
Additional updates and detailed project timelines will be posted to this page once projects start. Check back often!