Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Santa Rosa City SchoolsSanta Rosa City Schools - Excellence is our Common Ground

Fire Recovery Information

​For SRCS Employees:

Go to our Human Resources page: Employee Benefits and Resources for Employees Impacted by the Fires

For Our Community:​​

​​Disaster Relief - ​​If you need disaster relief assistance, or would like to donate to disaster relief, go to www.unitedway​​​

Local Assistance Center - Open Daily 9am - 7pm -  A Local Assistance Center (LAC) one-stop resource shop (including FEMA and insurance companies) is now located at the Press Democrat building, 427 Mendocino Avenue. The LAC has a wide variety of assistance services for families and others whose homes have been damaged or destroyed, including undocumented residents. Please share this information with others!​

Mental Health Counseling - See the Fire Recovery Counseling Information webp​age. ​Magellan Health has opened a free, 24-hour counseling hotline for anyone who has been affected by the fires: 1-800-327-7451​. Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and info via texting: start by texting HOME to 741741.

Medical Assistance for Evacuees -  Teledoc is offering access to general medical care, at no cost, for residents of the evacuation zone. For more information: 855-255-5032 or

Hidden Valley Elementary Disaster Relief -  The Hidden Valley Elementary community lost a school, Hidden Valley Satellite, in the fires. Almost immediately, the school community joined together to coordinate relief for families in need of assistance. They've opened a donation center downtown that continues to provide assistance. For more information, go to their website: Hidden Valley Elementary Disaster Relief

Eyeglasses Assistance - For VSP Insurance members: VSP's disaster recovery plan is in effect for our county, which means if you lost your glasses you can get a new pair immediately and not wait for the next annual availability.  If you've lost or br​oken your glasses or need eye care, call 800-877-7195. For people who do not have VSP insurance: call 800-733-2767 or contact a local Red Cross chapter to request a VSP Global Eyes of Hope gift certificate. Or see the mobile eye care clinic schedule

Sonoma County Housing Assistance -  ​Petaluma People Services Center SHARE Sonoma County will be arranging for Emergency Home Shares in Sonoma County. If you are willing to host an evacuated individual or family in your home for a few days, few weeks or few months, please contact PPSC SHARE Sonoma County at, an information sheet and application will be sent to your immediately. If you are looking for short term temporary shared housing, please contact, for more information and an application, or contact PPSC 707-765-8488 on Tuesday morning.

Fire-related Updates:​​

Parent Update 10-23-17 - English

Parent Update 10-23-17 - Español

Parent Update 10-20-17 - English

Parent Update 10-20-17 - Español

Parent Update 10-19-17 - English

Parent Update 10-19-17 - Español 

Parent Letter 10-18-17 - English

Parent Letter 10-18-17 - Español

Frequently Asked Questions: This document was updated with the latest information, as it became available,  during fire-related school closures. http​://  Email questions to​: