2750 West Steele Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone: 707-890-3885 FAX: 707-890-3888
Hendrickson, Laura J, Principal
Delzell, Patricia, Assistant Principal
Clay, Renee S., School Secretary II
Note: Every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the directory information. However SRCS makes no representations about the suitability of the information for any purpose and is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
STAR Report Results
School Accountability Report Card (SARC)
Resumen Del Informe Del Desempeno de la Escuela (SARC)
At Comstock, our mission is to inspire our students to be global thinkers who will thrive in the 21st Century. We are devoted to developing academic excellence, creating a nurturing environment and fostering an innovative approach to learning. We will cultivate in students a desire to understand, a capacity for tolerance, and an ability to appreciate the ethnic and cultural diversity that make up humankind.
The Comstock Commitment
Comstock is the right environment for any student to succeed. It is small, personal and dedicated. The staff at Comstock takes pride in ensuring every student succeeds and no one fails. Our motto is "Believe and Achieve! " By believing in students and students believing in themselves, achievement will always be the end result.
We are partnering with our feeder high school, Piner High School, to focus on the development of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education as well as the arts. We have piloted a new "Maker's Summer Camp " where students use creativity and innovation to make interesting projects such as CO2 Racing Cars, Duct Tape items such as backpacks, wallets and anything the imagination can hold, functional art, and Rube Goldberg machines. This concept will continue in the fall at our After School Program run by the Boys & Girls Club. Our Digital Storytelling class uses our iMac lab as the home base for interesting digital films and photographs using stop-action animation, persuasive presentations and more!
Together we believe! Together we achieve!
Comstock Crusader: "On a Quest for Knowledge"!
We are located in a lovely park-like setting. The school boasts great facilities such as:
- a beautiful new administration building and library center
- a state of the art cardiovascular exercise room
- a fully remodeled kitchen
- a state of the art science labs with new textbooks and the latest technology and equipment
- three up to date computer labs
- a "Makers" center for innovative projects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
Our highly dedicated and fully credentialed staff care about students as individuals and over 50% of our teachers have Master's Degrees. As a team, we focus on student achievement. Thus, we are strongly committed to ongoing professional development designed to maximize student progress. In addition, we value community and family as equal partners.
Curriculum and Programs
- Accelerated Reader and ALEKS Math programs that use technology to tailor materials to individual student needs.
- Systematic and timely interventions to assist students quickly whenever they encounter difficulties.
- Frequent recognition of student effort and celebrating academic performance through the "Renaissance Program ".
- A special program, JUMPSTART Summer School to ensure the smoothest possible transition from elementary to middle school.
- AVID program for motivated students bound for academic work in high school and career readiness. AVID provides special trips and activities.
- Daily student Advisory period to teach students important lessons in Responsibility, Respect and Safety.
- Strong enrichment program, with classes in Art, Leadership, Teen Living (Cooking, Sewing, Child Care), Drama and Digital Storytelling.
- Comprehensive and free after-school program offering both academic support and recreational enrichment classes, provided every day until 6:00 p.m. The Sonoma County Boys and Girls Club coordinates this program.
- Numerous partnerships with a wide variety of community resources such as the Sonoma County Library Foundation that has resulted in visits of well-known authors, publishing of student writing, receipt of grants, etc.
SUMMER MAKERS CAMP: A 3-week summer camp for innovation and creativity.
There are many opportunities for parents to be involved at Comstock:
- Parent/Faculty Organization (PFO)
- English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- School Site Council (SSC)
- Multi-Cultural Week
- Monthly Family Fun gatherings
- Field Trips
- Night of Excellence
- Campus Beautification
- 8th grade Promotion Ceremony
Supporting Safety, Respect, Responsibility
Comstock supports a positive and caring learning environment that ensures safety, respect, and responsibility. We work to provide many interventions before problems escalate through our BEST program, our Safe School Ambassadors and our work with Restorative Resources. Through the use of restorative practices, students are empowered to restore relations by building communities of understanding and respect.
We have an AWARD winning sports program that prepares future athletes in:
- Cross Country Wrestling
- Running Club (Marathoners)