Open enrollment window: October 1, 2017 - November 27, at 5:00PM, 2017 ( the window has been extended due to the fires in Santa Rosa)
California Law and Santa Rosa City Schools' (SRCS) Board Policy provides an opportunity for parents/guardians to request that their student attend a school in an area other than the area in which they live. If that school is within the Santa Rosa City Schools district, the process is called "Open Enrollment."
OPEN ENROLLMENT PROCESS
The Santa Rosa City Schools District provides opportunities for parents and students who reside in the SRCS Elementary and Secondary Districts to select a school of choice outside their school of residence as school capacity permits.
APPLICATIONS||Applications are only accepted ONLINE If you have no access to a computer with Internet connection at home or any other place such as (public libraries, Internet cafés, etc.) you are welcome to use the computer in the lobby of the Student And Family Engagement Office (SAFE) located at 211 Ridgway Avenue Santa Rosa (528-5137).|
DATES||Open Enrollment is available online from 12:00 a.m. October 1 through 5:00p.m. on November 27( the window has been extended due to the fires in Santa Rosa) on the Santa Rosa City Schools’ website. After you submit your application on the SRCS website, please be sure to print a copy of your application. Families will be notified by December 8 and families must come into the school to register by Thursday December 21, 2017 before 3 p.m. or they will lose the spot.|
SPACE||If space is available at your selected school, approval will be granted. If there is not space available, your student's name will be placed on a waiting list based on a random and unbiased lottery (not on a first-come basis).|
Only families that are already residents of Santa Rosa City Schools may submit application under "Open Enrollment" . Families outside the SRCS boundaries need to submit an "Interdistrict Permit." Click Here for that process.
Transportation to the new school is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. This includes Special Education. If your request is approved, your student may give up the right to return to his/her previous school until the next Open Enrollment period from October to mid November the following year.
If you are accepted at an elementary school, you will reed to re-apply for
If you are accepted at a
middle school, you will re-apply for high school
QUESTIONS||If you have questions or need more information, call the Student And Family Engagement Office (SAFE) at 528-5137.|
- Students who live in the residence area have priority in attending their school of residence. The District maintains a street grid with addresses for purposes of determining the school of residence
- The SRCS Board of Education establishes the optimal capacity of each school.
- If more requests to attend a school are received than there are openings, the District will use a random and unbiased lottery to fill the openings and establish a waiting list.
- Transportation to the new school is not provided.
- Remember, the waiting lists are done by lottery, not by the date and time the application is submitted.
- A student placed in any school requested through Open Enrollment relinquishes his/her right to attendance area school for the remainder of that school year.
Find out more:|
Open Enrollment for the 2018-19 school year begins October 1, 2017 and closes November 27, 2017 ( the window has been extended due to the fires in Santa Rosa). Please contact the Student And Family Engagement Office (SAFE) at 528-5137 for further information.
Please see this page for more information about.Transfers Outside the Open Enrollment Window